The fiber arts include crocheting, knitting, weaving, spinning, needlepoint, cross-stitch, and hand embroidery.
- TNNA State of Specialty NeedleArts 2016 This study presents the results of surveys of more than 15,000 fiber artists, 393 retailers, and 158 wholesalers in the USA. Topics include types of projects, types of yarn used, spending per retail channel, shopping motivations, social media use, how to encourage needle arts participation, retailer and wholesaler financial benchmarks, retailer startup costs, and market size.
- TNNA State of Specialty NeedleArts 2013
- TNNA State of Specialty NeedleArts 2010
- TNNA State of Specialty NeedleArts 2007
- TNNA State of Specialty NeedleArts 2005
- NEA Survey of Public Participation in the Arts (2012) This research is produced by the U.S. Census for the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA). The study contains “statistics with demographic insights about U.S. adults’ participation across five modes of art activity: attending; reading books and literature; consuming through electronic media; making and sharing; and learning.”
- NEA Annual Basic Arts Survey See a summary of 2014 data regarding fiber arts participation in Arts Data Profile #10 (August 2016), from the U.S. Census.